Happy and Healthy

Happy and Healthy
One of the happiest days of my life! I worked hard to look like that!

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

S.O.S!

HELP!

This has been a particularly rough stretch of my journey these last few days.  I don't know what it is. Maybe it's that my drive slowing, the baby changing, who knows?! But, I need encouragement. I'm back to my grind ( I try not to go more than 2 days without working out) and I did 4 miles and strength training today. Yet, day by day is so hard. My nutrition is still not where I want it to be for several reasons.  So, what I've asked my family (that I live with) to do is if they see me putting something in my mouth that I shouldn't, or a portion too large, or me going back for seconds say; " Barbara, I love you.  And you can do this." 

HEY! You gotta do what you gotta do! I might roll my eyes, I might suck my teeth, but I know that this leg of the journey can't be done alone. Not for me at least. Some of you all might be able to, but for me, this is gonna take everyone. My success is their success.

Thank God for Lent. A new opportunity to add meaning to the process. To once again realize sacrifice and that what I'm giving up for physical health is nothing compared to what He gave up for me.

I hope you all are sticking to your goals.

Remember. I love you and you can do this.


Ciao!
Barbara

1 comment:

Aidan's Mommy said...

Hang in there soror! You can do it! Something that helped my husband stay motivated was taping a picture of himself with his friends to the front cover of his workout journal. The photo features him front and center with his 4 friends after swimming in a lake...and he hates the photo! Why? In his words..."I'm the big fat black guy standing around with a bunch of freaking Calvin Klein models." He has vowed to return to that lake with his friends and retake that picture. He's been working out and switching up his workout programs for almost a year (losing over 60lbs). Another thing he did was to go shopping for clothes and giving away his "fat clothes". Bottom line pictures and your clothes typically don't lie and can be used to motivate...