Happy and Healthy

Happy and Healthy
One of the happiest days of my life! I worked hard to look like that!

Monday, February 28, 2011

Update!

Hi Guys!
I am so thrilled about this fitness week. I have so many things to be happy about. First off, I put in at least 20 miles last week. Even though I took a few days off, I was still able to get the miles in, which is important to me. So, I had a solid foundation to start the week off with. Also, I am a week closer to my goal of doing my first race in September in Tennessee! Whoop whoop!

Today was a good Monday. Following a major "no no" that still felt like a 'yes yes' of yesterday's fudge run, (Fudge run- a run to Buckees to pick up fudge.) I felt more motivated to kick my work out up. I started with a trek across the field that separates my apartment from my parent's place. ( I was also carrying my 11lb 3month old in her bouncer). Then I did Tae Bo FLEX. I love this workout because it's quick (35min) and it uses all your muscles to kick caloric butt! Then I slowed it down and did a two mile walk with Leslie and the crew. (My mother even joined me! How awesome was that?) Working out is contagious. I love to work out for my own health, but also because fitness consciousness spreads like wildfire. People can't help but pick it up. It gets folks to thinking, "why not me too?" That's how I operate. I see people who are on their grind and I say, "I can do that too! Aren't I awesome? Aren't I a child of God? Can't I ALSO do all things through Christ who strengthens me? " Well then!

Lastly, I checked my weight in the fitness room we have at the apartment and a weird thing happened. The scale said 224. Now, I didn't want to get to excited because scales lie like dogs sometimes. Plus, the scale I had been using at my mom's house was brutal. After a month and a half of kicking my own butt, it was adamantly staying at 243. When I checked my weight at Target about a week into my program around January 24th  (I just used a scale they had sitting out) it said I was 237. So.....who was telling the truth? Mind you guys, I started at 243 on January 17th.

WELL, since I'm an optimist, I went with the scale in the fitness room. I took a 5lb weight and put it on the scale. It said 5lbs. I did the same with 10lb and 25lb weight. I'm going on faith and practicality that I have indeed lost 19lbs!

GLORAY!

Take care yall. And keep on pushing.
Ciao!

1 comment:

MrsRJDean said...

Congrats Sandz that's great news! Keep on pushing