Happy and Healthy

Happy and Healthy
One of the happiest days of my life! I worked hard to look like that!

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Laces up!

Hi All,
Running. People generally have a love/hate relationship with it. I love the sound of my breath keeping pace with my heart. I love the feeling of swiftness and the wind whipping through me. I love the escape from life and the chance to be one with my thoughts. Running is cleansing.

And it burns a buttload of calories!

Some of you all may be aware that I am on target (yay God!) to meet my walking goal of 56 miles in two weeks. The reason I set this goal, was because I need to drop weight to safely begin running again. I wish I had pursued my passion for running earlier in life. It just never dawned on me to join the track or cross country team in high school.  Well, since my legs are still working and I have breath in my lungs, I'm going to tie those laces up and hit the track. I used to love to run/jog on the lakefront in Chicago.  Since I put on baby weight, it's not safe to run till I drop the pounds. I could risk serious injury to my knees. So, walking is my next best friend.

I can't wait until I can jog safely again and then run!

One of my goals is to run two events this year. A 5k  and a half marathon. A 5k is a little over 3 miles. Half marathons are generally 13 miles. I know I'll have the stamina, but I have seen people very close to me suffer foot, knee and back injuries because they were running with too much weight. So, stay posted as I work toward my immediate goal of walking 56 miles in two weeks and my greater goal of participating in the Women's Running Magazine Half Marathon, November 11th in Tennessee!!

P.S. I have a new love in Women's Running Magazine! It's a great read and very inspirational.

Ciao!
Barbie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very inspirational soror. Congratulations on setting your goal and having the passion to move forward.