Happy and Healthy

Happy and Healthy
One of the happiest days of my life! I worked hard to look like that!

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

HUMP DAY! Let's Celebrate


Yes ladies,

It's that time of week again, where the gleam of the weekend is just within arms reach. Yet, its still not close enough. Well, I thought I'd start the day off with some inspiring words:


"Itchy Gitchy Ya Ya Da Da, Mocha Choca Latta Ya Ya; Creole Lady Marmalade. "


I hope that helped! I love that song, and when it comes on, I don't care how my hair looks, what's jiggling or how I'm feeling, I break out into a dance and work it like Pattie and the Labelles (sans the space fits) ! AND, if it's the 2001 version with Lil' Kim ( of whose verse I know all the words) I get my little sway and just work it in the room (sans the lingerie) --" Uhn Uhn Uhn Uhn!!!"


There is nothing like finding the Sassy factor. That song that makes you feel like you are working it out! You either know all the words ( like me on Kim's verse) or you know the dance moves to a tee (read-Beat It choreography, Thriller moves, or House Party Kid 'N' Play Scene) . Perhaps you have a dress that no matter what, is still killer on you, or shoes that make your calves look juuust right. These are the moments that we truly celebrate ourselves. It happens to be far an in between sometimes when we just aren't feeling like ourselves! We see pictures of us from High School or College and then say " I used to look like this or that" or we see photos of others and say " I need to look like this."


We all have goals, but here's the thing. Celebrating who we are today helps us reach them! It gives us so much joy that we are happy with taking care of what we have! We will see the transformation in our physical and emotional health; no doubt. However, it won't be over night. It will over time.


So go ahead---- And do a dance, shake your booty, clap your hands, strut your stuff, and do something for you that celebrates who you are!!!


Ex. Yesterday, I bought some really cute Juicy C. earrings. I can't fit their clothes, and perhaps I should boycott instead of giving them free pub, but the earrings were SO cute and they were fun! So when I got back to my office, I put them on and just celebrated me!!!


WEDNESDAY CHALLENGE!!!

What do you do to truly celebrate yourself?? Do you dance, do you look at you in the mirror nude? Do you sing your favorite song (loud) and even mess up some words because you can't hear (you're singing so loudly)??? Tell us what you do. And some ways we can celebrate ourselves. I challenge you to celebrate yourself today! ( and everyday!)


B (MOCHA CHOCA LATTA!)




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

well, i did not get the chance to read the challenge for wed on tues, but i still celebrated me. i worked out this evening all alone and looked at myself in the mirror while i was on the treadmill and appreciated the way my butt went from side to side as i walked. then i came home and put on my pajamas that make me feel sexy and studied for a test i am dreading, but got through it by the grace of God and obama's yes we can mantra pumping through my veins. and tomorrow is my fasting day (once a week i fast for a cause) so i plan to look extra cute blow my hair out (if I wake up in time) and do all the make up so i don't look like i'm suffering when i fast. and that little lunch man that thinks he's all hot is not going to know what hit him or why!
-Peter the right on

jamijo said...

There so many random songs I play that are just "girl power", do the dayum thing, oh-so-feel good, celebratory like songs. And yes, I have been known to dance in front of the mirror (clothed or otherwise), in the shower... I am even that person drivin down the street singin and dancing. (Note: this is also one of my playlists for when I work out...a good mix of upbeats and tempos).

(side note: do others listen to music when you work out or is it just you and the sound of whatever is around? What is in your "workout playlist?)

1. India Arie: I Choose
2. Mya: Free
3. India Arie: Video
4. Beyonce: Freakum Dress
5. Aaliyah: Rock the Boat
6. Alicia Keys: Superwoman
7. Beyonce: Get Me Bodied
8.Free your Mind: En Vogue
9.Lumidee: Uh-Oh (remix)
10. MJB: No More Drama
11. TLC: I'm Good at Being Bad
12. Danity Kane: Show Stoppers