Happy and Healthy

Happy and Healthy
One of the happiest days of my life! I worked hard to look like that!

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

SUPER TUESDAY!


Good Morning Ladies,


Today is a wellness day. I hope you all are finding your angelic foods and gobbling them all up. I chose broccoli and an orange! MMM!

I want to share with you something my boss gave us here at Beaman, I thought was awesome. It's a book called The Four Agreements. This book's link is on the side panel if you wish to purchase it.


Here is the premise: Growing up, we've been taught various beliefs. We've chosen to agree or disagree with these beliefs. For example, I agree with the belief that Jesus died and rose. That's me, but I don't agree with the belief that if I don't wear stockings I'm not a lady. Those are just examples of various agreements we've come to accept.


This book talks about how we should really examine those agreements that we've adopted and see how they affect us.


For example, some of us have adopted the 'thin agreement'--we feel that we have to be thin, or that if we have meat we are not healthy. I won't say this is true or untrue, but ask yourself, are you making a needless victim of yourself by the agreements you are choosing to believe???


Here are THE FOUR AGREEMENTS that Don Miguel Ruiz suggest we adopt in order to truly change our lives:


1. Be Impeccable With Your Word.
Speak with integrity. Say only what you mean. Avoid using the word to speak against yourself or to gossip about others. Use the power of your word in the direction of truth and love.


2. Don't Take Anything Personally
Nothing others do is because of you. What others say and do is a projection of their own reality, their own dream. When you are immune to the opinions and actions of others, you won't be the victim of needless suffering.


3. Don't Make Assumptions
Find the courage to ask questions and to express what you really want. Communicate with others as clearly as you can to avoid misunderstandings, sadness and drama. With just this one agreement, you can completely transform your life.


4. Always Do Your Best
Your best is going to change from moment to moment; it will be different when you are healthy as opposed to sick. Under any circumstance, simply do your best, and you will avoid self-judgment, self-abuse and regret.
What are some agreements you've made with yourself that you KNOW are victimizing yourself and others???

1 comment:

B_arnetta said...

UPDATE! Just did the Crunch DVD, by now you all know how much I hate it!

But it feels good to have it done.

I also ate a fresh salad with some tuna on top and some banana peppers! MMMM Kick it up a notch! Much less sugar than relish and a bit more tangy to me! YUM YUM

Talk to you all tomorrow!