Happy and Healthy

Happy and Healthy
One of the happiest days of my life! I worked hard to look like that!

Monday, April 7, 2008

Manic Monday!!!


Good Morning ALL!!!

Today is a wonderfully sunny day here in the 'Windy City'! Looking at the view of Lake Michigan from the 20th floor of my office building, I can't help but thing how awesome it is to be in as my co-worker states , 'A reasonable portion of my health'. We had a discussion about that in the office-how the church folk would say, " I just thank God for allowing me wake this morning with a reasonable portion of health." My boss always thought that was funny because she says , " I want all my health!". I hear her, but sometimes it's all you can do to just get up brush off the sleep and keep it moving.


I woke up this morning so intent on doing my workout--and didn't. Now, before you get on me, let me say that I have the most comfortable sleeping arrangement and it is HARD to get out that bed. When I did get to the office. I decided that while no one was in, I would do 50 sit ups and 20 push-ups. I ate some brocolli and dranks some tea and stretched it out. I have to say, the sleep is gone. I'm pretty energized and I'm wide awake! :)



That ought to hold me over until the evening work-out right?


What's your morning routine? Do you have one? What would you like to be doing?
UPDATE: 6:17 PM
*weez* *cough* *pant*-- I just got done with the Crunch Fitness Ab Crap-tastic DVD, it's good: but I hate it. I hate it like a cold day in Chicago when its too cold to breathe. I hate it like when you are down to your last bite of cheeseburger(that I no longer eat) and someone comes along and snatches it off your plate thinking it's cute! I hate that DVD like nothing I've ever hated in life!
But...I'm gonna do it again tomorrow. ;)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

girl, you got me at work crackin up. Cause I am driftin back to services at Love Tabernacle M.b. Church, and Mother Moore talkin about "portions of healh and strenght"...[let the church say Amen]!!

I need to relocate, because it is not a wonderfully sunny day in the north burbbs... looking out the window at work I see clouds and feel a crisp cool breeze. :o(

I, too, did not work out this morning, but I did very well with my eating pattern today. I got up and drank a glass of water (someone told me drinking a cup of water first thing in the morning was good...is that true?). Then for lunch I had a portion of salmon (steamed in lemon juice), some mashed potatoes with garlic (so I wouldnt use butter), and an apple (to satisfy my afternoon sweet tooth. I think I am going to do Cardio Soul workout DVD before showering and bed; I feel sometimes I sleep better when I workout before bed. Then I dont feel as lethargic and dont miss workouts as much since I am well rested.

I need a better, more consistent morning routine; too bad my mornings are not consistent. If I could envision a routine it would be to drink my daily morning cup of water :o) and then do some kinda cardion workout, 30-45 minues. I'll work on incorporating that into this week. Baby steps folks, baby steps.

B_arnetta said...

Sounds good to me. Yup, that's it, baby steps!

Anonymous said...

I know for a fact I feel better having worked out in the mornning, because if you miss the evening, then you don't feel bad, and if you do get an evening one in, then you're like "I ROCK!" So if I can just get to bed at the right time and wake up...I'd be good to go. I'll eat an apple or an orange tmw for my challenge. Easy enough. Now on to my goal, sex symbol legs for Barbara's wedding and my tea length gown...I need em, how do I get em? Any suggestions?
Love, Randy (I'll find him.)

Anonymous said...

Barbara, if you haven't already, send an invite to Gleeny, she's got some good ideas, I know you saw her isn't she slimming down nicely?!

ADHDBraceface said...

girl if you hate that dvd so much, get a netflix or blockbuster subscription and look until you find something you like... ever tried the Zumba stuff? Fun. And they have an ab workout. But, if you need to feel like something sux to feel like ur doing something (i've been there b4), keep up the good work!

as we say, aicbl. so, yea.