Happy and Healthy

Happy and Healthy
One of the happiest days of my life! I worked hard to look like that!

Thursday, April 10, 2008

The Power!!!


GOOD MORNING!


How nasty is it outside today??? After all that sunshine we had?? ICK! No worries, it's still Thursday! TGIT! I'm happy today because I finally woke up and worked out this morning. I did the Crunch DVD and walked quickly to work. When I got here, I ate a cup of fresh berries and pineapples and granola with a juice box of apple juice and carrot juice blends. It was pretty good!


I like to listen to the radio in my office and what else was on but 'The Power of Love' by LUTHA! Oh, he was such an awesome talent. I love Luther ( we miss you).


It got me to thinking. Where does your 'Power' come from? I'm gonna be honest. My will power is horrible. I see a chee...SAW a cheeseburger and wanted one, I saw a cookie ( I love cookies) and had to have one, just one. Then that one turned into two, and so on. Well, I'm gonna say, my will power was very low. There are several different things that motivate me and kick my will power into gear.


1. Health- I just don't want to look up at 50 and not know which medication I'm supposed to be taking. Hypertension, Diabetes, Osteoporosis......etc. It's not what I want for me.


2. My wedding. As I've said, I don't intend on buying a dress that's too small and then trying to fit into it. But I want to look at my wedding photos and say, " I was HOT!".


3. My family and friends. I just want to support each other not by saying but by doing. This blog-for whoever reads it- is my motivation. Sharing with you all what I'm going through and helping you deal with your concerns and joys motivates me to keep it going.


When I'm working out and want to quit--I go, " what will I put on the blog, that I quit? NO!" so I keep it pushing. I keep it going.


Lutha says it's the Power of Love, that keeps us going on strong. It's, after all, a 'power that's next to none'. I believe it's the power of love for yourself that really helps you keep moving and working towards your goals!



What are your motivations? What motivates you when you're only 5 minutes into your workout and want to quit? What do you think of when you feel your will power getting weak and you want just 'one' cookie??


THURSDAY CHALLENGE!!


I challenge you all to add one of these activities onto your workout routine, if you've already worked out try it later on in the day:


30 *extra* crunches

15 Squats

50 Jumping jacks

10 *girlie push-ups*

5 real push ups


If you find that the quantities are too rigorous for where you're at modify them by 5!

Let me know how it goes!!


B



4 comments:

Glennette said...

will (wil)

noun

1.the power of making a reasoned choice or decision or of controlling one's own actions
2.strong and fixed purpose; determination
3.energy and enthusiasm to work

These are a few definitons of will. My understanding of the first definition is the one that I believe has eased my struggle with over eating, choosing the less nutritious food, and exercising. The other thing that has helped is letting go of the guilt. Be conscious! If you want a candy bar or cookie or fried chicken,etc., fine; but be aware of what you are eating, that you are eating it, and why are you eating it( is this what you really want?, are you hungry?, will this fill your hunger?, is there a better choice to fill that hunger? do you want that better choice?). If possible, look on the back of the package or ask questions (what's the serving size, calories, fat, sugar, ingredients, its preparation?). Then make the choice; choose not to eat, to eat, or to eat half the serving; but be aware of what you are putting in your body, be conscious, and then make an informed decision and do not feel guilty about it. Let go of the guilt you made a decision, tomorrow is another day another opportunity to make an informed decision. It's day by day, not I failed its over. Get rid of that thinking! It's harmful, it leads to harmful behavior, and you are worthy of greatness.

Anonymous said...

YES!

B_arnetta said...

That's right on Glennette!

Glennette said...

I swear, you guys' comments prove that we are the children of the Blaxploitation Movie Lovers aka BMLs. That's right on, sho nuff, YES, SOLID ON THE HOT SAUCE with a bit of perm and roller sheen.